0 of 1 Preguntas completed
Ya has completado el cuestionario anteriormente. Por lo tanto no puedes iniciarlo de nuevo.
Debes iniciar sesión o registrarte para empezar el cuestionario.
En primer lugar debes completar esto:
0 de 1 Preguntas respondidas correctamente
El tiempo ha pasado
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Complete the facts with the words and phrases fro the list.
although | but it | despite | even though | however | in spite of the fact | nevertheless | whereas | while it
1. (0) Although the USA only has 5% of the world’s population, it uses 26% of the world’s energy.
2. The valleys near Ross Island in the Antartic are covered in snow and ice, (1) it hasn’t rained there for two million years.
3. Severe storms in the Atlantic are called hurricanes, (2) , severe storms in the Pacific are called typhoons.
4. The Amazon occupies only 1.5% of the worlds surface. (3) , it produces 20% of the earth’s oxygen.
5. The famous leaning tower of Pisa has never fallen over, (4) that it leans at an angle of almost four degrees.
6. (5) being 27 times smaller than the USA, Norway has a longer coastline.
7. (6) is inside just one country, Istanbul is in fact situated on two continents.
8. Now York is an American city. (7) , it contains more Irish inhabitants than Dublin – Ireland’s capital city.
9. The Atlantic Ocean is much smaller than the Pacific (8) has saltier water.